Sunday, April 6, 2014

Filters for my canon lens?




cheeseeate


Hey guys I own a canon camera with a 72 mm canon lens and a 62mm Tamron lens. I was looking to purchase a selection of filters on Amazon UK. I currently own 1 UV filter for my 72 mm canon lens. I was looking to buy a polarising filter cheaply and have found two possible candidates.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sakar-3-Piece-Filter-Polarizer-Leather/dp/B000CQ5BEW/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1252254723&sr=1-7

this contains a polarising filter, a UV filter and a FL-D filter, they come with a leather case for protection.

my second option is this Tamron polarising filter: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tamron-72mm-Circular-Polarizing-Filter/dp/B000IKGDLW/ref=sr_1_40?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1252254922&sr=1-40

just a 72mm polarising filter, but i feel that it would be better quality and I already own a 62mm tamron lens that I am happy with. by the way i have a camera case with plenty of space and padding.

so I really wanted to know if Sakar is a good make, though it seems very cheap which concerns me. Also which one to go for, though I'm only really fussed about having a polarising filter. not that fussed about the FL-D filter and I own a UV filter already. sorry for making it so long!



Answer
If your lens has a 72 mm filter size then I think it is an expensive lens, do not waste your money on cheap filters that will have negative impact on your picture quality.

hoya camera filter?




lampost bl


I want to buy a filter to protect the lens of my SLR digital camera (Nikon D80). Should I buy the non coated uv Hoya filter, in the green box (the cheapest in the range) Or is there a reason to buy a more expensive coated filter, and if so what do you recomend?


Answer
Many people use a skylight or UV filter to protect the front glass of the lens, but you can also buy high quality plano glass filters for that purpose. Whatever you do, at least buy a decent quality filter instead of trying to get off cheap.

Many people use a UV filter simply to protect the front element of their lens from damage. "UV filters absorb ultraviolet rays which often make outdoor photos hazy or indistinct." (from: http://www.thkphoto.com/products/hoya/gf-01.html )

We get this question often enough that I decided to upload a sample to Flickr showing the same subject taken with and without a UV filter. Download the image, cut a small section out of the top half and drag it to the same section in the bottom half and see what you think. The photos were taken about 15 seconds apart in subdued sunlight, so I think the lighting was virtually identical for each. There was no post-processing at all so you can make a fair comparison. I will not comment any further and let you decide for yourself if there is any color shift.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7189769@N04/441244796/

The picture was taken with a Nikon D200 at ISO 100 with the Nikon 18-200 VR lens @ 112 mm at f/5.3.

Here's a comparison that I did by accident. Read the comments and you'll understand:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/samfeinstein/1793551691/

Buy a name brand like Hoya or Tiffen. Don't get cheap junk to put on the front of your fine lens. Personally, I am now switching over to plain high quality optical glass "filters" from Nikon for lens protection, even though they cost more than a good UV filter.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment