Friday, April 11, 2014

Best general purpose lens for the Canon 350D and Canon 400D?




abhijit b


I am planning to pickup the Canon 350D or Canon 400D. What is the best general purpose lens ? Is the EF-S 18-55mm kit lens fine? or is it better to go with say the Tamron 18-200mm Di-II?


Answer
I don't think that there is an easy answer here without knowing some more about what your interests are. The standard lens covers a useful range of wide-angle to normal and the shorter telephoto range, so it will always be a useful lens. It is likely to be less bulky than the 18-200mm, but you need to make the assessment yourself whether it will be too awkward for some circumstances.

That said, I use a Tamron 28-200mm on a film body when I want a one lens solution to cover a broad range of work when I am travelling. When I a home based, I tend to use a smaller lens, say a 35-70mm or 35-105mm on the camera, with a longer zoom (50-150mm or 70-210mm) in my camera bag.

So, if I were in a similar situation, and only going to get one lens, I would have a preference for the 18-200mm over the kit lens.

which fisheye lens would be good for my canon 350d?




jess b


im willing to spend around $1000
does sigma or one of them other brands make a fisheye that would fit the 350d then?



Answer
The only fisheye Canon makes at this time is one for their 35mm EOS and Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II and is the Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Lens

I would look for one in the near future because of the popularity of the 350D and 400D cameras. It will be around 8.5mm or 9.0mm




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment