Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Canon Rebel with better glass vs. 30D with standard lens?




angry


I recently won a scholarship and am considering bumping up some of my camera equipment. So far, I have this:

30D
28-104 f/3.5-4.5 USM
50mm f/1.8
70-300 f/4-5.6 (non-USM non-IS version)

I can spend about $1,000. So I'm considering either:

Selling what I have and getting a rebel with the Canon 17-55 f/2.8, the 75-300 IS USM, and a 50mm f/1.4.

Or, I can keep my current setup and just add the 17-55.

Any advice?



Answer
Hi,

Very interesting question!

I guess you are pretty camera savvy, and you will have researched the upgrade benefits of the XTi, and know the Canon US MTF curves for your lenses.

My question to you is "why do you want to change anything?"

Have you done some tests on focus, large aperture lens performance, high ISO and long exposure noise with your existing kit? If not - why not? The 28-104 (28-105?) f/3.5-4.5 USM is reckoned by some to be soft, so you might want to reconside that one as a walk around lens.

You should then be able to find the weak point(s) in your system.

Why do all your lenses overlap? You could get a decent wide angle prime to cover the c20mm range and a 100-300 for reach. You have a lot of duplicate kit here in your current system and it probably needs a rethink, based on what you want to shoot

The few extra pixels in the XTi are mostly irrelevant unless you want to print A2 and more, both bodies are Digic II - also irrelevant if you shoot RAW.

I can highly recommend the 50 f/1.4 lens, great value and solid performance.

You have a problem, and $1,000 to spend - not such a bad situation!

Cheers
Charles

Im buying the Canon 30d. Can you tell me what lens to buy. (link included)?




Motorcycle


Im going to buy the Canon 30d Ive grown my Nikon D3000 and want a more professional camera. Here is a link
http://www.lensrentals.com/rent/canon/lenses/normal-range/canon-ef-s-15-85mm-f3.5-5.6-is-usm
That has lens's for rent....What lens would be good for portraits, senior pictures, Family pictures ect.
Thank you !



Answer
i personally prefer Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II Lens which helps you. it is really good.

*Approximately a 28-90mm lens in 35mm format.
*This lens produces high image quality with superb resolution at all focal lengths.
*Effectively minimizes the chance of flare and ghosting.
*Dimensions (DxL): 2.7" x 2.6" (69mm x 66mm)

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-EF-S-18-55mm-3-5-5-6-II/dp/B000R96FP8/?tag=pntsa-20




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment