Monday, December 9, 2013

What macro lens for a decent price should I get for my Canon XS?

dslr camera lens buying guide on ... To Buy Sony Or Canon Digital SLR Cameras? | Digital Camera Review
dslr camera lens buying guide image






I have a Canon XS DSLR camera. I have 500 dollars, and I would like to purchase a macro lens for a decent price that isn't too much. Also, I would like to know a dependable website where I can purchase one if you can list one. Thank ;)


Answer
Hi,

For $500 you can either get 60mm f/2.8 Macro or 100mm f/2.8 USM, the best macro lens out there for Canons for the price. Buy it from Amazon, the cheapest and best.

Here's a Macro Lens Buying Guide - http://www.the-dslr-photographer.com/2010/02/buying-a-macro-lens-canon/

What is everything i need to begin wildlife photography?




John


I want to buy a Dslr Camera and have been researching photography for weeks now. Everything is so expensive even some tripods are more expensive than cameras ? That's Crazy ! My budget is $2200 For everything. Camera, lens, tripod, filters, etc.
Cool Story Bro. go back to tumblr you troll -_-
THE QUESTION IS WHAT IS EVERYTHING I WILL NEED. WHAT DSLR IS RECOMMENDED OR LENS AND WHAT NOT.



Answer
Okay, you have the right camera picked out, a dSLR

Now we have to outfit you with some lenses for shooting wildlife.

The two camera companies with the best array of lenses are the Nikon and Canon companies

At a minimum you will need something like a 18-200 mm lens to shoot wildlife that have a small "scare radius" and that you can find during the middle of the day in full sun. There are a couple of other possibilities, the 55-300 mm or 70-300 mm lens. All of these lenses have an aperture of f/5.6 when at their longest focal lengths These three lenses are perhaps the most economical of the long zoom lenses

When shooting wildlife at dawn or dusk, you will need a much faster lens and/or a dSLR which has excellent sensor performance at high ISO settings.

List of lenses I used when shooting wildlife:

* 300 mm f/2.8
* 400 mm f/2.8
* 200-400 mm f/4
* 600 mm f/4

If you use a dSLR with a cropped sensor, the above lenses will give you a 1.5x extra reach.

You can run the numbers, but what is going to kill your budget is the cost of the long, prime lenses.

Happily, the same lenses are also the ones used when shooting sports, so they have some extra value.

Here is a link you may like to view.

http://www.georgelepp.com/

Don't forget a nice sturdy tripod and maybe a spotting scope. Oh and maybe most of all some excellent bug repellent

I used a Nikon D2X with those lenses when I had a call for wildlife images. Now I would use my D3 or D300

Another resource:

http://www.cameralabs.com/lenses/lens_buyers_guide/Nikon_Nikkor_lenses/Which_telephoto_lens/Which_Nikkor_Nikon_sports_action_telephoto_lens.shtml




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment