Friday, December 13, 2013

I need a DSLR camera for filming video. What camera and accessories should i get?

dslr camera old lenses on DSLR camera to take quality photos on iPhones | Information Technology
dslr camera old lenses image



Raymond


Hello, i am looking for a dslr camera for video. I am trying to get the video possible so right now price is not very much of a factor. Also Memory space is not a factor either. I just want hand down the best possible dslr video. If its important i am mostly filming professional snowboarding in both day time and night time situations.For me distance is not really much of a factor because i can get as close as i want.Right now i am looking at the nikon d800 mostly, but also the d7100 and the d4. I am also considering cannon but i prefer nikon. So, anyways what would be the best camera, lenses, mic and general setup including anything else necessary to get the best filming possible?


Answer
To answer your questions would be an entire college course in motion photography, and this would not be the venue for that. But I do want to weigh in -
1. Don't pay any attention to those who say a DSLR can't do quality video. While there was a time when still cameras' video quality was sub-par, that time is largely over. Even some professional videographers are now buying higher-end DSLRs for their relatively low expense and availability of a wider selection of lenses. The market for pro dedicated video cameras is still strong, especially with newer tech like 4K and 8K beginning to take hold, but the lines are becoming more blurry every day between pro video and DSLR cameras.
2. Listen to photoace. I've been watching these questions for over 6 months now, and when I see he's answered I rarely see a point in adding anything. He is THE MAN - the only reason I'm saying anything now is to counter the naysayers, and to point out that the links photoace provided are over 3 years old, which is still in the right direction, but just needs to be said that things have progressed even further than they suggest (3 years is a long time in tech years). Here are a couple of links to current info I have found:

http://nofilmschool.com/?awt_l=OhIMk&awt_m=3jycuxSUmbBjwS7
http://www.redsharknews.com/

If you have $5-$10K to spend on low-medium end video equipment, or $15-$25K for the real pro thing, by all means go video camera (and many don't like the term "camcorder" - sounds very consumerish)
But if you want some really good gear (and don't forget the audio!) for up to $5K, you can do well with a DSLR.

What is the best DSLR camera for a just starting out photographer?




Sportygirl


So I'm looking into getting a DSLR camera, I have done quite a bit of photography but just with the normal digital cameras. I'm supposed to be taking some SR pictures and some sports type pictures. I've always wanted to get a DSLR camera but just haven't had the money. What are the best kinds for people looking to take more pro pictures, but I don't wanna pay a ton of money! Thanks :)


Answer
The Pentax listed below with a 50-200mm lens covers most anything you could desire in terms of pictures. I bought a Pentax K-x (now discontinued) without the 50-200mm lens and ended up paying more when I added the 50-200mm lens. The K-R is the current model., What influenced me to purchase this camera over Canon (I use to be a life long Canon user.) was the clean viewfinder with only one moveable focusing point, which I love. However more focusing points are available. Also I liked the idea that the stabilization is contained in the camera body. This makes older Pentax lenses, even many used for film cameras available to be used on this camera. Also makes Pentax lenses cheaper than those that contain stabilization in the lenses like Canon & Nikon.

Good Luck!



Pentax K-R 12.4 MP Digital SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD and 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 and 50-200mm f/4-5.6 Lenses (Black)
by Pentax For about $700.00 at amazon.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment