Friday, December 13, 2013

How to prevent camera lens from getting foggy in a greenhouse?

dslr camera lens cleaning on in 1 Camera lens Cleaning Kit Dust Air Blower Lens Pen Cleaning ...
dslr camera lens cleaning image
Q. So yesterday I had gone to a greenhouse to take some pictures. And my DSLR camera lens fogged up, therefore I can't take any pictures. What should I do?


Answer
It takes time for the equipment to acclimate to a climate change.

You could continue to wipe the lens with a microfiber cloth (in circles starting at the center) OR, let the camera sit in the greenhouse for 20-30 minutes before you use it.

For example, when I know I am doing a shoot outside in the winter, I put my equipment in the trunk of my car an hour or so before the shoot. That way it has time to acclimate from inside to outside. Of course I make sure to wipe down/ clean everything afterwards and it is stored with a lot of desiccant packs to absorb moisture.

Will glasses cleaning cloth damage camera lens?




mich�


I just got a new DSLR camera recently, and today I noticed a fingerprint on my lens, so I used my glasses cleaning cloth to gently clean it. I'm going to get a proper lens cleaning pen over the weekend, but I'm worried that what I've done today may have damaged the lens. Could it have?

Thanks in advance.



Answer
the cloth will not damage the lens. it is grit in the dust that will scratch the delicate lens coating when you wipe. cleaning with air is a first step, while that won't remove a finger print, it will clear out the dust, making it safe to use a more aggressive cleaner.

back in the day, when we used Kodachrome Film, a UV filter was mandatory to keep the exposures from turning blue. And many of us older types can remember an incident where having a filter on the lens saved catastrophic damage. So we mostly continue with the filter routine, and consider the keeping of fingers and dust off the lens as a bonus.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment