Monday, December 9, 2013

What kind of dslr camera should I buy?

canon eos 600d dslr camera lens kit on Canon EOS 600D Digital SLR Camera Kit Tripod Battery Lens by Viking
canon eos 600d dslr camera lens kit image



Kenjii_Won


I want to buy a DSLR camera. It would be my first ever DSLR camera. But I'm not sure what model should I buy. My budget is around Rm1800 to Rm2100. I'm going to use this camera on street photography and might take landscapes pictures. Please help me!!


Answer
For a budget like that I'd recommend a Canon EOS 550D/600D (but not the much more expensive 650D) or a Nikon D5100 or D3200 (Canon or Nikon are the best at these prices).
If you want to remain at this price, you may buy the camera with the kit lens (18-55mm) which enables you to take landscapes and if you have some money left or to spend more (not too much, about a hundred dollars) you may buy a 50mm f/1.8 lens (can be found at both manufacturers), a cheap lens with large aperture so that you can achieve great bokeh in street photography.
However, even when you don't have much budget (as I was when I bought mine) I would NOT choose the cheapest DSLR, i.e. Canon EOS 1100D or Nikon D3100...

Should I go with the Canon t3i with 18-55mm lens or t4i with 18-135mm IS STM?







Canon EOS Rebel T4i 18MP DSLR Camera With 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens Kit

or

Canon Rebel T3i 18MP DSLR Camera With 18-55mm IS Lens Kit

$799 for the t4i and $550 for the t3i

I read that the lens for the t4i is $400-$500 alone so I was thinking that if the t4i package is a good deal I might just buy that instead of the t3i that I was originally planning on buying



Answer
What are your goals?

The T4i/650D and lens is designed primarily for those who want to use a still camera as a video camera.

Sensor wise, the T3i/600D potentially provides the same quality images if you have the skills




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment