Saturday, September 14, 2013

Which Tamron lens should I get for my Canon camera?

best canon lens video on Digital SLR - Canon EOS REBEL XTI + Canon 18-55mm Digital SLR Camara ...
best canon lens video image



Ryan Prive


I am trying to decide between the Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 with the Vibration Compensation, or without. Other than that little feature it seems like the same lens, but the one with VC is about $150 more. I will be using this mostly for video, not pictures. I appreciate any help, but no answers like "get a Canon lens" please. Thanks.


Answer
The VC version can be just as sharp as the non-VC one, but based on my own experience it may have a backfocus at 50mm and wide open. If such issues are not recognized and accounted for, then that may seem like the lens is less good than it actually is.

Here is a comparison between the VC and the non VC version:
http://thrillmere.com/2010/09/tamron-17-50mm-f2-8-vc-v-s-non-vc-comparison/

The second set of shots (with the green bottle) are my own. As you can see, the copy of the VC version that i used there (with the 50mm backfocus corrected) is much better than the one used by the author of the article (who might not have had a misfocus corrected).

Myself, i find the minor misfocus at 50mm wide open to be worth having Tamron's excellent VC on the lens, as i do a lot of low light handheld photography. If you on the other hand are much into shallow depth of field work and therefore need a very accurate AF at 50mm, then the non-VC version would be better for you.

Is the Canon 18-135mm Lens good for general purpose shooting?




Joshua


I would like to use a lens for video and photo on my canon 60d. It's just for general use, I'm not trying to use it as a point and shoot camera, I'm just 16 and can't afford a lens for each purpose. Is a good lens or have you any ideas on a similar lens for my uses.


Answer
Yes - it covers moderate wide angle to moderate telephoto.

You will probably want to manual focus it during video or get an external microphone (as the camera will record the noise from the autofocus motor).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment