Monday, September 9, 2013

Digital SLR Camera body for my Minolta lenses?

dslr camera lenses 101 on ... Lumix GH2 with Fujinon ENG test lens vs. Sony dslr camera DSC-HX100V
dslr camera lenses 101 image



bee


My dad just gave me his old Minolta film camera with 3 lenses. Minolta went out of business since he's had it but I would like to get a digital SLR camera body that would fit all the lenses he gave me. Anyone know of a digital camera body that would fit Minolta's film lenses?


Answer
If the lenses are the older SR mount used on the SRT-100, 101, 102, 200, 201, 202 and X series, XG-9, XD-11, XE-7, X-700 then you can buy an adapter to use them on the current Sony DSLR cameras.

If the lenses are the A-mount first introduced on the Maxxum 7000 and still used by Sony then all you need is a Sony A230/330/380,700,850900 and your Maxxum AF lenses will work perfectly. The A850 & A900 are Sony's full-frame (24x36) DSLRs.

Which fisheye lens should I get for my Canon XSi?




Patrick M


hey have a Canon XSi and had it for awhile but I really want the fisheye lens. I don't know much about camera for I'm a beginner, but I really like the pictures that you can take with a fisheye. but anyways, can anyone suggest a fisheye lens that I can get, why, if it's worth the money, and where I can get it.


Answer
A true fisheye lens is not going to be cheap. They will cost more than your camera costs. Only you can decide if it is worth it. Many people think its cool and play around with them for a while. Then it sits in their camera bag. So I suggest you think about it before spending the money.
Canon does not currently make a fisheye lens for the cropped sensor DSLR's like yours. The Canon fisheyes are designed for the full frame or film cameras and will not give the true fisheye effect on your camera. This is because the sensor in your camera is smaller than that of full frame cameras. That said here are a couple of fisheye lenses from Sigma that will do the trick. There are two types of fisheye lenses.
1. Circular Fisheye. These will have a circular image with black around the edges.
2. Rectangular fisheye. These will give that warped fisheye effect but will fill the rectagular frame of your picture.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/535763-USA/Sigma_477_101_10mm_f_2_8_EX_DC.html#features

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/535757-USA/Sigma_486_101_4_5mm_f_2_8_EX_DC.html#features




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment