Saturday, September 14, 2013

can you clean your camera lens using the same cloth for your glasses?

best camera lens cloth on Lens and Digital SLR Camera Cleaning Kit with Brush, Microfiber Cloth ...
best camera lens cloth image



Lelu


or can you only use a special cloth for the camera lens?
also, it's a digital camera. i wouldn't even think about touching it... but someone has, and there's an oily fingerprint smack center of the lens >:(



Answer
If it's a nice and clean microfiber cloth, or even cotton, then yes. I know of some people wearing glasses that are more expensive than my SLR lens (just the lenses, leave alone the designer frame), so if they can entrust their $1000 glasses to that piece of cloth, why not your lens?

Here's a link to all you wanted to know about lens cleaning and more:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/cleaning.htm

LEM.

Can I use a shoe mitt to clean my camera lens?




Alexis


I picked up a shoe mitt from the hotel I was just staying at thinking it might come in handy for cleaning my camera lens. However, I do not want to scratch my lens and I'm not sure if it will or not. If anyone knows whether or not a shoe mitt would be a good lens cleaning tool, could you please let me know? Thanks!


Answer
If you never touch your lens, you'll never need to clean it. Use a rocket blocker to remove dust.

If you do need to remove a finger print, use a microfibre cloth specifically for the purpose, they are cheap so why bother with something else?

I can't remember the last time I needed to clean my lenses.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment