Wednesday, September 11, 2013

What is a good digital camera for taking pictures with friends?

sony a55 dslr camera and lens on ... Mirror Lens for Sony SLT-A35 A37 A55 A57 A65 A77 A99 DSLR Camera
sony a55 dslr camera and lens image



Kawaii


Need to have more than or equal to 14 megapixels. Have to have awesome quality. When I take pictures, how can I cover my blemishes? Is there any mode that can do that? If there is, I want the camera to have it too. What is beauty mode? I'm just going to take pictures of me and my friends together. Maybe a little of scenery.


Answer
Below are listed a bunch of entry and mid-level DSLR cameras and approximate prices in US dollars, Australian Dollars and UK pounds. I think pretty much all of these will do a very good job. I have preferences amongst them....I guess in the entry level cameras, the Nikon D3100, the Canon EOS 600D and the Pentax K-r are the picks.
All of the mid level cameras are great.

In regards to megapixels.....I think you should just completely forget about it. Any camera with more than 8 megapixels is going to do the job. Honestly it's largely used as a sales tool to sell cameras to people who don't know about cameras.

I don't know what beauty mode is, but in portrait mode the camera just opens the aperture really wide. To soften blemishes, you need to think about how the subject is lit. Soft lighting (don't use the pop-up flash) or even using a sheet of white cardboard to reflect light onto the subject will work. Move the subject out of strong sunlight.


Entry level:
Nikon D3100 (18-55mm lens) --- US$550 / AU$740 / UK£440
Canon EOS 600D / Rebel T3i (18-55mm lens) --- US$900 / AU$1090 / UK£750
Pentax K-x (18-55mm lens) --- US$500 / AU$610 / UK£380
Pentax K-r (18-55mm lens) --- US$640 / AU$870 / UK£470
Sony Alpha A390 (18-55mm lens) --- US$500 / AU$560 / UK£390
Sony Alpha A55 (18-55mm lens) --- US$850 / AU$1100 / UK£600

Enthusiast / Mid-level:

Nikon D90 (18-105mm lens) --- US$960 / AU$1100 / UK£680
Nikon D7000 (18-105mm lens) --- US$1500 / AU$1500 / UK£1060
Canon EOS 60D (18-135mm lens) --- US$1300 / AU$1450 / UK£990
Pentax K-7 (18-55mm lens) --- US$980 / AU$1260 / UK£720

What camera should a beginner filmmaker buy?




Sam


Hello.
I've gotten really into movies and am interested in being exposed to that world in any way I can. I'm not expecting to be making Hollywood quality things or anything, just something to get me introduced to filming. The only thing is I have no idea where to start. What do I need? Do I buy a digital camera or do I buy one that uses film? I'm not looking to buy professional grade equipment either, just a beginner's camera that will give me an idea of whether or not I even have any ability in the field.

Thank you very much for any help, I really appreciate it!
I'm not even sure if I'm posting this in the right spot.
Wow, thank you very much! I would give you a thumbs up, but I guess I'm not a high enough 'level' yet



Answer
An entry level DSLR is a popular choice for many beginner filmmakers, such as the Canon t5i, Sony A55 - that price bracket of cameras.
The reason for this is that they're inexpensive (compared to other cameras), large sensor (gives more cinematic look and more lighting flexibility) and have interchangeable lenses (allows you to start off with a basic kit lens but then upgrade as you wish)...among other things.
So picking up a camera kit (such as this one http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/982342-REG/canon_eos_rebel_t5i_dslr.html) is generally enough to get you shooting.
If a kit like this is out of your budget consider looking for lesser expensive DSLRs, in recent years the price has fallen dramatically so it's a great time to buy.
There's a huge grey market for camera gear - if it looks to good to be true, it is
Keep your purchase with popular sellers such as
bhphoto.com
adorama.com
abelcine.com
high rated sellers on eBay

It's a lot of fun researching the gear to get started but always remember it's about YOU and not your gear - the best gear in the world won't make you a better film maker - find a kit that's right for you and get out and practice - you'd be surprised how far ahead that gets you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment