Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Canon 30d?




sekp1987


I was originally going for a 40d body ($1200-body only! ouchies). Then I thought nikon d80. ($800-900 body only) THEN I thought XTI. It's a lot cheaper and good for beginners. But now I think a 30d might be a good idea. It's been on the market for a few years thus, former beginners are wanting to upgrade and sell.

Anyway, I heard that when you're not a super pro photographer, megapixels only mean so much. (30d has 8mp vs the usual 10-12+mp of entry level dslrs). I figure I'd try to get a less new camera so I can get a good lens or two or three. I've read the xti vs 30d vs 40d vs etc etc stuff so I'm pretty comfortable with the knowledge I have.

The going used price is $600ish via craigslist/good winning bid on ebay.

The going refurbished/open box/etc camera is about $700 or so.

So do you think it's a good idea to buy a 30d at about those prices? Or maybe you know of where I can get a better deal.

OR, if you have any suggestions at all or comments/wisdom, that's cool 2
I mean, just because it's old and not being made any more doesnt mean it's not good. Right? That's what I've been told anyway.



Answer
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-8-2MP-Digital-Camera-Body/dp/B000DZDTKU/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1211081574&sr=8-1

hey, that is the link to the canon eos 30d, they have " new " ones there, they aren't used or refurbished.

i would say that the canon eos 30d is a good camera, it has 8 megapixels which is good, it has a big screen which is convinient for displaying your work, it looks and feels more pro, that the canon xti. i would say that the 30d, has much more features, and would be better in the long term

when you buy something off of ebay, be careful some of that crap they sell is so cheap because smtn is wrong with it lol, but i wouldn't say that in all cases though.
.
hope i helped

What lens should i buy for a canon 30D used for weddings?




Vlad


I can spend up to 650$ on the lens.The body is 30D and the flash 430 ex.I await your reply.


Answer
This is a very difficult question to answer. First you need to determine if you would like a zoom or a few prime lenses.

If you have the kit zoom, you may want some primes for portrait work. For portraits and tighter shots the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM or EF 85mm f/1.8 USM are pretty fantastic. If you need something a bit wider, the dinky EF 35mm f/2.0 is pretty nice, but still cheap. If you look around, you can probably buy the 35mm and one of the others for close to your budgeted amount. Of course, buying used is cheaper.

The $85 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II is an excellent bargain, but the out-of-focus areas (bokeh) and the build quality might not be as nice. This was my favorite lens for a while, unexpectedly sharp.

If you absolutely need a zoom for convenience, then something with a constant wide aperture (2.8) would be ideal. Canon's excellent EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM is way over budget, but the alternative Tamron and Sigma are worth a look (and can often be found for under 650). Out of those two, I would lean toward the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II. You can see some sample images here:

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Sample-Pictures.aspx?Equipment=400&desc=Tamron-17-50mm-f/2.8-XR-Di-II-Lens-Sample-Pictures

The EF-S 18-200mm IS (which I often use with my 40D when I travel) is a very convenient lens, but the smaller aperture may make it difficult to use for indoor photography. IS (Image Stabilization) helps in some situations, but won't do any good for people and portraiture as your subjects are going to be moving around.

I hope this helps limit your options and makes your eventual choice easier. Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment