Thursday, January 16, 2014

What zoom setting do I use on a Canon DSLR lens to equal 24x on a FujiFilm S3280 camera?

canon dslr camera with lens on Top 10 Cheap DSLR Lenses
canon dslr camera with lens image



kfinpgh


I own a Fujifilm Finepix S3280 24x zoom camera and just got a Canon Rebel t3i DSLR camera. What are equivalent DSLR lens settings for the zoom factor on the Fujifilm camera? I have a couple of additional lenses for the DSLR, but want to compare "apples to apples". Thanks.


Answer
Once you left the P&S arena, you have got to buy different lenses to cover similar focal lengths to your S3280

The zoom lens with the most range would be the 18-200 mm lens (11x) in P&S terms.

I can use four lenses on my dSLR to produce the most focal lengths usually needed when shooting assignments

* 14-24 mm
* 24-70 mm
* 70-200 mm
* 200-400 mm

In P&S terms, those lenses equal about 28x

If you visit this site, you will see what it costs to purchase those four lenses.

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Camera-Lenses/All-Lenses/index.page

When you went from owning a P&S to a dSLR system, you certainly jumped into the deep end of the photographic pool

What lens should I purchase for my new Canon Xsi SLR camera?




Andy Green


I recently purchased a Canon Xsi DSLR camera. However, I only want to purchase one lens for this camera but I am confused on what to purchase. I was looking at a 18-200 or 18-135 lens but want to get feedback on what to get. I only want one lens! I heard Tamron, Canon and Sigma make good lenses but I am torn. THanks!


Answer
If you are set on only one lens, you could do lots worse than the Tamron 18-270. It has a huge range and also image stabilization, which helps a bunch at the longer focal lengths. It is designed for the cropped sensor cameras such as you XSi. I have the earlier 18-250 lens on my older Canon D60 and am reasonably satisfied with it.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/581246-REG/Tamron_AFB003C_700_18_270mm_f_3_5_6_3_Di_II_VC.html

steve




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment