Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What will I need to get started with my new DSLR?

nikon d3100 dslr camera lens kit on The Nikon D3100 SLR Digital Camera with Nikon 18-55m f3.5-5.6G VR Lens ...
nikon d3100 dslr camera lens kit image



Preston


I recently got a Nikon D3100 with the 18-55mm kit lens.
I'm thinking about getting a UV filter for it, but I'm not sure about the size. I keep reading 52mm is that correct?

Also, are there any other accessories you recommend I get?
I don't see anything about a USB for transferring photos/videos from the camera to computer, do I need to purchase one separately?

Thanks in advance!



Answer
The UV filter for the 18-55 mm lens is 52 mm.

I would further suggest you buy some 4 gb memory cards. can carry formatted spares in your pocket so you don't get tempted to delete images to make room on a filled card (the most common reason cards become corrupted)

What is the best DSLR Camera for a just starting out photographer?




Sportygirl


So I'm looking into getting a DSLR camera, I have done quite a bit of photography but just with the normal digital cameras. I'm supposed to be taking some SR pictures and some sports type pictures. I've always wanted to get a DSLR camera but just haven't had the money. What are the best kinds for people looking to take more pro pictures, but I don't wanna pay a ton of money! Thanks :)


Answer
The Nikon D3100 and the Rebel T3 are two good choices. For now, just get an 18-55 kit lens. But before buying a 600-whatver dollar camera, go to your local library and read some of the basic photography books they have.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment