Monday, January 13, 2014

How can I tell the difference between and good DSLR lens and a bad one?

best canon kit lens upgrade on Price of Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera and DIGIC 4 ...
best canon kit lens upgrade image



George Was


I have a Canon and they are so confusing because I want to upgrade my kit lens. Even the expensive L lenses have worse range than the non L lens ones. So what does the L do as far as better picture quality. I understand it looks nice but what else, it seems like I could get a lens with better specs for much less. I basically now just judge by range and price and looks. I dont get it


Answer
If you are getting a l lens, youknow you are getting the best canon has to offer. People rarely speak poorly of canon l lenses. No examples may come to mind eventually, but they are reallt isolated instances.

factors that effect price
- l badge. You pay a small premium for it. No different from a nike branded shoe
- aperture. Photographers are obessessed with fast speed. Consider the 50mm. F/1.8, f/1.4 and f1.2. The price difference gets more and more rediculous. You are also paying a premium for the added speed of low light lenses.
- optics. These refer to contrast and sharpness
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/ISO-12233-Sample-Crops.aspx?FLI=0&API=0&FLIComp=0&APIComp=0&LensComp=0&CameraComp=0&Lens=404
this site is a good tool to see the contrast differences between lenses. Play around with it, it wont take long to see what i mean
- l lenses are typically weather sealed against harsh environments. It gives more assurance when the weather isnt perfect. It makes the lens more durable.

- factors that dont matter. The biggest one is zoomrange. The reason being is that the more optics and zoom your lens has, the slower f stop it becomes. The less contrast and sharpness it has.

What's the best all-in-one lens for a Canon digital rebel?




Emily


I am looking to upgrade from my kit lens on my Canon Digital Rebel XT. I can spend around $500. I want something like the sigma 18-125 in terms of range, but I've heard mixed reviews on that one. I've done so much research now that I've confused myself. Any suggestions would be great!


Answer
Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/647015-USA/Canon_3558B002_EF_S_18_135mm_f_3_5_5_6_IS.html

Sigma 18 -250mm f/3.5 - 6.3 DC OS HSM Autofocus Zoom Lens For Canon Cameras
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/609113-REG/Sigma_880_101_18_250mm_f_3_5_.html

If youre confused now do you think many different opinions are going to make you less confused? Thats why I never ask opinions when Im making a purchase. I do my own research and make my own choice. Youll hear mixed reviews on just about everything.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment