Friday, January 10, 2014

What lenses would be best to shoot video with?

best canon lens video on Best lens landscape photography - wide angle lenses Canon Nikon
best canon lens video image



That One G


I love filming videos and such and may be starting a youtube channel soon. I have a Canon t2i, which I know isn't the greatest for video but I don't wanna splash out on the new t4i. I'd rather buy a new lens that would spike up the quality of the videos. It doesn't particularly have to be a Canon lens, it just obviously would have to fit my t2i. Right now I just have a kit lens so I've really been wanting to get a new one! Any help? Thanks a bunch if you can.


Answer
Since you did not tell us what sort of videos you like to shoot/edit, it is difficult to make a recommendation.

For example, if you want to capture things that are REALLY far away, then a zoom lens would be appropriate. Or, if you like to capture skate boarders to video, perhaps a fisheye lens would be appropriate. These lenses are very different from capturing fashion/makeup tutorials or zombie movies, but they could be used for other things...

Otherwise, the lens you currently use on your t2i is fine until you decide what you need - then get that lens.

Should I buy a Canon Lens or a comparable third party lens for my Canon EOS digital?




Christina


Does anyone with a Canon EOS digital camera use a third party telephoto lens?

If so:

1. Which lens do you use?
2. From which company did you buy it?
3. Do you like it?

I plan to use the lens for photographing events around my community (rodeo, softball, etc.). What I am trying to decide is whether to buy a Canon lens or a less expensive third party lens.



Answer
To answer your questions:

Yes, in addition to some canon lenses (100mm macro, 50mm 1.4) I use a non-canon lens for my primary walk around lens.

1. I have the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8.
2. I bought it from Amazon.com most likely. I generally either buy from Amazon or B&H Photo & Video.
3. I like the Tamron lens just fine. I bought it mainly as an upgrade to the kit lens that came with camera. Generally the kit lenses only top out at f4.0 or f5.0 for their widest aperture and that can be limiting if you want to do low light photography without flash. I found that to be the case and I wanted to upgrade to an all-purpose lens that was faster than that.

Unfortunately, some of the Canon lenses at f2.8 can be a bit spendy (but worth every penny I'm sure) so I settled in the middle ground with this Tamron lens which had a good reputation. I've been pleased with the results. While not comparable to "L" glass (but what mid-range lenses do?), it produces excellent images with good sharpness and color that unless you're a hard-core pixel peeper you'll have nothing to complain about.

For the purposes you're talking about, it would make a fine all purpose lens particularly if you have to take photos at indoor events without a separate flash unit.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment