Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Why can't I find a protective lens cover for Canon SX40 hs?

best buy camera lens hood on Fotodiox Dedicated Lens Hood, for Canon EOS EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens ...
best buy camera lens hood image



VLG


I'm planning on buying a canon sx40 hs and I've found everything (small waterproof bag and plastic protection for the display screen ) but I can't seem to find a proper protective lens cover... only a lens hood that seems to only protect the edges but not the middle... do you know whether it has an in-built protection or whether it comes with it or something?
thank you!



Answer
You have a P&S camera and most of them do NOT have filter threads for attaching polarizing or UV filters.

Here is a link to Canon that lists the optional accessories for your camera

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_sx40_hs#SuppliesAndAccessories

What size filter / lens hood should I use for my Sony a200 with the 18-70 kit lens?




Rachel H


I bought a second-hand Sony a200 at ebay USA (I'm here in Asia) and forgot about purchasing lens hood. Now, I plan to buy a generic lens hood (and even a body cap and some filters) but don't know which size is right. Please help?

It is to be used with the kitlens (18-70 mm) that came with the camera.
Thanks.



Answer
Have you looked at the business end of the lens - the front. You'll see white writing around the ring.
At one place it'll read 52mm or 58mm or 62mm and that will be the size required.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment