Sunday, November 24, 2013

Will the presence of condensed water on a digital camera lens for a few seconds damage its protective coating?

best camera lens wipes on my Nikon camera. WOW! I didnt realize just how dirty my camera lens ...
best camera lens wipes image



Britney


I blew some air from my mouth on my digital camera lens to moisten it so I could wipe off the oil smears from the camera lens with a cotton swab...then I thought if it would have affected the protective coating of my camera, is it my doubt or the presence of condensed water on camera lens for a few seconds or wiping with cotton swab afterwards could have damaged its protective coating?


Answer
in short, no.

the protective coating is pretty tough, and even without the coating there the lens is going to work fine.

how to remove adhesive marks from camera lens?




Shoeflower


i just removed a sticker from my camera lens but the adhesive marks from the sticker doesn't go away.. how to remove it without scratching the lens? also hw to remove glue marks from glass surfaces?
sorry i don't have alcohol at home.. suggest an alternative!



Answer
rubbing alcohol for both of your questions.
It is gentle on the lens and the glass, and it will remove all left over residue.
wet a soft cloth with rubbing alcohol and wipe it a couple times!

it costs like 50 cents at the dollar store




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment