Monday, November 25, 2013

Is it possible to take astrophotos using binocular?

best canon lens 60d on Canon EOS 60D (Kit 18-200mm IS Lens) Price in India 2013 22nd Nov ...
best canon lens 60d image



Sara


I have canon 60D and I want to start astrophotography, I want to know is it possible to attach a pair of binocular to my camera to get a better vision out of sky.
The next question: is my camera (Canon 60D) good for this job?



Answer
I've taken photos through both my bino's and my telescope, the trick is getting the camera lined up just right and at the right distance away from the other lens. The only thing you'll be able to take a good picture of is the moon probably, or terrestrial objects in the day. I suggest trying it out in the daytime to get practice. You should get a pair of binoculars which can mount to a tripod, like my Celestron SkyMaster 15x70's. Then you can hold the camera up to the eyepiece to get a decent pic of the moon. In order to see nebulas and galaxies (other than Orion's nebula and Andromeda) , you need a telescope. I got the Celestron Nexstar 6SE, but I should have got at least the 8SE. The biggest you can afford they always say. Once you have a telescope you can see Jupiter, Mars and Saturn clearly and can start doing webcam astrophotography (Google it, it's to much to explain here)

How do you know what lens will fit on your camera?




Maddie


I'm thinking about getting the Canon EOS 60D DSLR, but I'd like to know what lenses I could get for the camera later on. Thanks


Answer
Canon has 2 lens mount types:
- EF-S
- EF

EF-S Lenses ONLY fit on cropped sensor format cameras.
T3 up to the 7D and all the XXD camreas like the 60D butNOT on FULL FRAME CAMERAS like the 5D, 6D, 1D ...

EF lenses fit on any modern Canon DSLR
from the lowly T3 up to the 1DMkIV

So knowing this, it might be best to buy EF lenses over EF-S lenses in case you ever decide to upgrade to a full frame DSLR in the future.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment