Thursday, November 28, 2013

Any photographers that can help me with lens selection?

best canon lens 300mm on Canon EF 300mm f/4 L IS USM Lens Review
best canon lens 300mm image



uhhhh hey


I currently have a canon rebel xti w/ 2 lenses. The first is the 18-55mm that came with it and a 75-300mm canon lens I bought.
I'm looking for an "all around lens" that will help me from having to constantly switch lenses.
How Important is the "IS" feature for image stabilization? is it worth the extra money? I'm a novice who is going to be taking classes this semester and would like advice from pro's! THanks!



Answer
Based on the body and lenses you have, and because you're a student, I'm guessing you likely have a limited budget. With that in mind I have a suggestion that might fall in the 'best of both worlds' category.

The EF 28-135mm might be a good choice for you. It's reasonably fast, being a f3.5-5.6, combined with a really nice focal length range for the price, since you're not a "pro" and don't expect or have the means to carry several bodies and a gaggle of lenses.

With this lens, the image stabilization is a feature, not a necessity, but it's certainly a nice thing to have. On the wide end, you'll probably gain at least a full stop, perhaps more, allowing you to shoot in less light than without IS. At the long end, you'll benefit from less shake.

The cost, less than $400 as I priced it, may on the outside of what you're able to spend, but it may be worth it for a pretty nifty all-around lens solution. It has a solid build quality and range for what it is - definitely not an 'L' series - but I'm sure you're not ready to spring for the professional series price tag, not being a "pro" and all.

Carry it with your 18-55 and I think you'll have a decent starter kit going.

Can I say "pro" one more time, lol?

What is a good canon lens for skateboard photography?




Nik


I am deciding between a canon 75-300mm, a 70-300mm, a 55-250mm and a 50mm.
Also what is some other good equipment to have for skate photography?
BTW I have a canon t2i.



Answer
Those lenses are way to long for what's generally seen in skate photography. Keep the 50mm though. Invest in a good wide-angle, and perhaps a fisheye lens.

some suggestions:

Wideangle:

Canon 10-22mm, excellent speed and image quality. Around $700.00
Sigma 10-20mm f4 - f5.6 if you're on a budget. Good Image quality too, about $450.00

Fisheyes:

Sigma 8-16mm fisheye. Excellent lens at half the cost of Canon's.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment