Saturday, November 30, 2013

What type of Canon camera do you suggest?

best canon lens everyday on Canon Lens under $1000
best canon lens everyday image



Katie


I am wanting to purchase a Canon camera and and trying to figure out which on will fit my needs best. I want to take images of the outdoors, climbing, hiking, backpacking, canoeing, snowboarding, panoramic views, etc and even occasionally everyday life and imaged of the on-the-way-to-professional variety. I don't' know if i need a wide frame lens to start with or another type. I also want a swivel screen as an accessory. What do you suggest that would fit my needs for this type of photography?


Answer
Canon EOS 7D is really great. I use it all the time, for a lot of things you just described...except canoing, lol...And depends what you're shooting you'll change the lenses...And of course, depends how much money you're willing to spend...

In the market for a digital camera with one specific feature - closeups. Which feature should i look for?




epic_laydo


I would like to take closeups of bugs, flowers, coins, etc. Besides an expensive SLR with a macro or whatever lens, would an everyday digital camera with a certain feature suffice my need? Thanks.


Answer
Most of the cameras nowadays have a feature called "Macro Mode" specifically for taking close-ups of small objects. This feature comes built into the camera without the need for additional external lenses.

I have a Canon S2-IS with "Macro Mode" and also "Super Macro Mode". With SuperMAcro mode I can get as close as 1 centimeter from the subject giving pretty impressive results. But in indoor conditions at very close range the camera tends to block the light falling on the subject. Ideally you would use the built-in flash but using this will cast a nasty shadow of the long camera snout, which is irritating. In these conditions you can use an external flash. But I personally prefer not to carry add-ons, so I increase the light sensitivity of the camera sensor by increasing what is called as the ISO number. An ISO number of up to 400 should be expected in a decent camera. You have to keep in mind that increasing ISO number also makes the photos to look grainy, its a balancing act.

So I would say,
- Go for a camera with "Super Macro Mode" feature
- With higher ISO speed (minimum of ISO 400)
- A good resolution (greater than 5 Mega Pixel) should also be handy

Also,
- Search for "Macro Photography" where you will also get many DIY kits for macro photography, if you have not already done so.
- Many camera review websites also take macro mode as parameter of comparison. So go through them before deciding on a camera.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment