Monday, November 25, 2013

How do you know if a lens will work with your camera?

best canon lens sigma on Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro Canon Fit Lens, Discounted Digital
best canon lens sigma image



-Mersadies


I have a Canon Rebel XT. I am in need of lenses but I'm unsure sometimes whether a lens will be compatible with it or not unless it's a Canon brand lens. The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of buying an off-brand lens (Sigma, Tamron, etc.) because they are cheaper. How do you know what will work and what won't?
I need a lens now. As much as I would love to wait and save up, I don't have time.



Answer
You are always better off buying the best glass you can. So save your money and buy Canon lenses for your Canon. After-market lens makers will specify which camera the lens fits so just buy a Canon EOS mount lens.

How does Sigma glass compare to Canon glass in general?




Tobasco


I've never shot with a lens that Canon didn't make, and I'm wondering if looking at other brands might be a good idea? I've heard lots of varying reports about different Sigma lenses. In your experience, how does the optical quality of a Sigma lens generally compare to that of an equivalent Canon lens?


Answer
On the lower end canon lenses it's not such a big difference. But overall, canon lenses (especially the high priced ones) are higher quality than sigma.

But the value of Sigma lenses make them great purchases. You can usually get several excellent sigma lenses for the cost of just one Canon L-series lens




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment