Friday, November 29, 2013

What are the zoom capabilities of a dslr camera?

dslr camera lenses mm on ... Lens Canon EOS 7D 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with w/ 28 135mm Lens
dslr camera lenses mm image



Belle


So I am wanting to buy a camera, but I don't really know what to look for. I know dslr cameras have interchangeable lenses, and a standard one seems to be 18-55 mm. What does that translate to for zoom relative to a p&s? (Like, is it 30x zoom or something like that?)


Answer
If you are going to spend real money on a DSLR you need to stop misusing words. A zoom lense is a variable focal length lense. 30x is totally meaningless. 30x what? An 18-55mm lense can be set to any focasl length between 18mm and 55mm. Nothing else has any meaning unless you know the dimensions of the sensor the image will be focussed on. Then you can calculate the angle of view options available for a given focal length range.

What will I need if I go to school for photography?




lacrosse a


If I go to a community college for Photography and Graphic Design what will I need? Will I need an expensive DSLR Camera, Lenses, and Flash Bulbs? Will I need to get Adobe Photoshop? What is I go to a Private School? Will it change? On average, would you need all of these things before attending school?


Answer
It depends, so you will have to contact each school and ask

Some schools start their students out using some kind of film camera to teach the fundamentals of photography including shot discipline and self critique.methods

Others require the student to have a dSLR system started that they will be using while in school and after they graduate. Based upon that criteria, you will eventually have some rather expensive equipment while in school, but you do not need to buy everything at once. Usually one camera body and one lens will get you through the first year.

Which your school requires will be unknown until you ask

When I was at Brooks, I used a 4x5 view camera and Nikon 35 mm SLR

When I attended SDSU, I used my Nikon while working on the school newspaper as a staffer.

NOTE: Clash bulbs have not been used for over 25 years, so you don'e have to worry about them




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment