Saturday, October 19, 2013

Will my current Canon lens fit new camera?

film camera lens on dslr on DSLR Camera Lens Stock Photography - Image: 28739422
film camera lens on dslr image



Cira


I have a Canon Rebel XS DSLR camera. I am planning on purchasing a film camera, and I found a Canon Rebel X 35 mm SLR film camera on ebay, but it's just the body. Could I use the lens from my DSLR for the film camera as well? Would it fit? It doesn't say what type of lens the film camera takes so I'm not sure if it is EF or EF-S. Thank you
Also what about a Rebel G?



Answer
If the lens you have for your Canon Xs is an EF-S such as the EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 it can't be used on the Rebel X. Only Canon EF lenses can be used on the Rebel X or a full-frame DSLR such as the 6D, 5D or 1D. An EF-S lens will damage the Rebel X or full-frame DSLR.

Canon auto focus 35mm cameras: EF lenses only

Canon cropped-sensor DSLR cameras: EF and EF-S lenses

Canon full-frame DSLR cameras: EF lenses only

How can I which camera lens is compatible for my Nikon D70 camera?




triniedee


I'm relatively new at photography. I just bought a used DSLR Nikon D70. I was wondering if you can help me in selecting some new lenses for my camera. Are the lenses used for film cameras compatible? How can I tell if a lens I want to buy online would be compatible for my camera? I'm looking into buying some used ones. Thanks so much.


Answer
There's a very long compatibility chart here:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/compatibility-lens.htm

Some of the ones that work with film cameras will work. Make sure it's a Nikon lens or a lens with a Nikon F mount.

Ideally, get a lens with an AF, AF-D, AF-I or AF-S designation. These will work perfectly with your camera, and will get you autofocus.

Older AI and AI-S lenses will mount and work, but no autofocus, and the camera will only work in full manual mode.

Series E lenses are same as above.

non-AI lenses will damage your camera. Don't get one.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment