Monday, October 14, 2013

What camera do you guys recommend and why? Nikon D7000 or Canon 7D? Also what lens for video?

best canon lens video 7d on Photo taken with tokina 10-17mm at 10mm. F11, 1/320th, ISO 320
best canon lens video 7d image



Ralf


The camera will be used for photography (all around) and video. Which lens do you recommend for both? Any other suggestions for cameras around this price point?
What about the Sony A77? I just read good reviews on that one too.



Answer
Here is how their sensors perform, head to head.

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Cameras/Compare-Camera-Sensors/Compare-cameras-side-by-side/(appareil1)/801%7C0/(brand)/Nikon/(appareil2)/680%7C0/(brand2)/Nikon/(appareil3)/619%7C0/(brand3)/Canon

I included the new entry level Nikon D3200 so you can see where Nikon is headed with their sensors.

Here is a link that shows the D7000 as a video camera and at the end, there is a list of the lenses used to produce this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMbBKukJzBk

That said, in the spirit of full disclosure, you may want to read this

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/camcorders/cam-cam.shtml

What is the best video lens for the canon 7d?




Nathaniel


Hi I already have a canon 7d body, but the lens I have is mainly for photo shooting.
I only do videos/films and the lens that I have is not giving me the professional look that I want.
Any suggestions on good quality canon 7D lenses strictly for filming purposes?
Links to products would be much appreciated. I am on a budget, however I am willing to go big or go home. Also, I also like to score on cheaper$ lenses that still pack a punch!

Thanks guys,
Chris



Answer
Same lens. It's how you use it. Picture and video quality depend on your abilities. The lens and camera are just tools.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment