Monday, October 14, 2013

What is the best zoom lens for canon EOS 50D?

dslr camera lens recommendations on Wholesale car vacuum cleaner - DSLR lens vacuum cleaner From China
dslr camera lens recommendations image



Raquel


I don't have enough knowledge about camera lens. I just bought a new canon camera EOS 50D. I am also planning to buy zoom lens but I have no idea what is the best lens for EOS 50D. Your recommendation is highly appreciated. Thank you.


Answer
For the 50D you will need a 'good' lens if you want excellent image quality. A cheap telephoto lens is not a good idea for a camera like this, so don't even think about getting a budget one that only costs a couple of hundred dollars or so, because it won't deliver on image quality and will not be good enough for lower lighting. One with a wider (faster) aperture of f/2.8 is an excellent choice.

From the Canon lens/camera review site below (of the 50D)...
"Because the quality of the lens makes a big difference in the image quality delivered by a DSLR - especially one with the resolution of the 50D, I recommend buying (now or later), one of the better Canon general purpose lenses available. At this review date, the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens is my most-recommended 1.6x lens with the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens and the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM Lens being excellent alternatives."

Another excellent lens with a longer starting focal length is the EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L, with or without IS or the f/4 version with or without IS.

Check out the links below for reviews of all the lenses above (and the 50D) and other lenses...

What would be a good DSLR for my requirements?




Oneinthisw


I really want a DSLR camera to take with me while I travel. My price limit is up to $400 dollars and I really do not want to stray beyond that. I would mainly be taking pictures of scenery and people. Just some thing that is of good quality and will take some decent pictures that I can reflect back on. I really love when you see pictures and there is like one object in focus and the background is blurred.. Does that make sense? So some sort of camera that can do a couple simple things like that. I have looked at hundreds of different models and brands etc. I just need some guidance in what I should be looking for and any personal recommendations.
Or if there are no DSLR's new for $400 I am sure you can find a used one.. is there any camera that would be a good entry level regardless.



Answer
Hondo was correct. However, yes you can afford a used DSLR or SLR. Any would be suitable for a beginner. Don't be fooled by the Nikon v Canon brand fan brigade. Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Sony, Fujifilm, Olympus - any will be fine.

What makes good photo though is not just the camera. It's the photographer. Their skill, experience, and imagination. Next it's the lens. The camera body comes last in importance.

For example - that effect you described. That's a shallow depth of field. No camera can create it. It's the combination of a fast lens and photographer know how. Buy any camera, but to achieve that DoF, look for fast lens - the best affordable fast lens are often 50mm primes with an aperture that'll open over F2 (F1.4 - F2).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment