Sunday, September 15, 2013

What is the best Canon L lense to use for panoramic scenic shots?

best canon scenery lens on Canon Product Reviews and Ratings - 35mm & Digital SLR Lenses - Canon ...
best canon scenery lens image



gillamacs


I like taking shots of scenery and landscapes. What type of mm lense should I use? Would a wide angle 17mm lense be good or will a 24mm lense do just fine? Does having a 2.8 aperture improve the landscape picture? or is a 4.0 aperture just as good when taking scenic shots using a tripod at night.


Answer
If you are using a DSLR, lens does not matter, you can make a panoramic picture using a basic digital software, i.e. Photoshop Elements. If you are using a 35mm SLR, A standard 50mm lens will do fine, too much more and you may get vignetting if you use filters of any kind.

As for scenic shots, make sure you use aperture priority mode (Av). The "stops" are designated as Fx.y. The larger the number, the greater the "depth of field". When you have a greater depth of field, that means everything is in focus, not just the center of the photo. For example, use a tripod and use the F16 setting, don't worry about your shutter speed. Hope this helps. Good luck!

What type of lens do you recommend for travel?




thats KABL


Hi, I'm fairly new to the photography world and I'm just getting the hang of it. I own a Canon Rebel EOS t1i and I have been using the lens it came with (18-55). I will be going to travel this summer and would like to purchase a new lens. Should I get a wide angle lens for scenery? They're compact and convenient, but I don't really know. I realize they don't come cheap, but I would appreciate any suggestions. Please try to keep the price within a reasonable range. Thanks in advance.


Answer
I also use a Canon T1i. I use a Tamron 18 - 250mm. Works pretty well.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment