Monday, September 16, 2013

What are the best lenses for the Canon XTi?

best lens canon xti on Buy Fotodiox PRO Lens Mount Adapter Canon FD, New FD, FL Lens to Canon ...
best lens canon xti image



Andy72184


I am looking to take landscapes and portraits. What are the best lens for doing that on a Canon XTi?


Answer
For landscapes you need a good wide angle lens, probably a 14mm.

For portraits, you need a medium telephoto, probably 85mm.

Try to get a fast a lens as you can afford. Canon makes a f/2.8 14mm and a f/1.8 85mm.

I would also recommend getting a tripod, a good one, that is one that is sturdy and will support your camera. A cheap tripod will actually increase camera shake.

What kind of lens adapter do I need for my Vivitar lens to attach to my Canon xti?




Chris


I have a Canon EOS XTi and have recently discovered an old vivitar 75-260mm lens my that my Mom had. I have researched getting a mount/adapter that would allow me to use the older lens on my DSLR, but am still not sure exactly what mount the vivitar lens has. Please help me out; I would like to purchase an adapter, but don't want to waste money on the wrong one.

Thanks,
Christina.



Answer
First you have to determine what camera system the Vivitar lens mount accommodates

Next you need to determine if there is an adapter for that lens.

You should also be aware that any old manual focus lens like the Vivitar will become about a stop slower when an adapter is added and that the meter in the camera will not provide accurate readings

Determine the lens mount for the Vivitar and then ask the question again, although I am sure once you determine that, you and your computer skills along with your ability to search for information will get you what you want




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment