Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What camera and lens should I buy?

best canon lens sigma on Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM Lens Review
best canon lens sigma image



Max Krems


I have about 1,200+ dollars. I love to travel and love to photograph the people and the places I visit. I haven't done any courses but I will in a few weeks. I want to buy a nikon or canon SLR camera plus a lens. I understand that in most cases, the lens is more important than the body. My parents said they would let me use their sigma 28-200 canon lens if I want. Im not sure if this is a decent lens. I don't know what to do. Maybe I should keep saving? I have also been looking at the canon 60d. Does anyone know what I should do?


Answer
Hi
If you want to go with canon you could get the new 70d which just came out or go with you 60d idea, very good camera. I've got 600d and 60d is ment to be the big brother to it. Also the 60d is weather sealed, good for travelling so if you have 1200d to spend go for that then spend the rest on glass
Sigma is not going to be as good as the canon version of the lens so maybe get like a 18-250 mm lens so you get the range you want for traveling as you may see any thing from near to far when traveling
Go for used 60d off eBay body only for about 650 dollars then you can invest in some good quality L lenses

Or get 70d and get kit lens or get a cheaper lens to go with that


Hope that helps

What lenses fit on a Canon Rebel XSI camera?




Lindsey K


I am looking for a Canon lens that fits on my rebel XSI. I take portrait pics and nature and also random shots. What kind of lenses fit on that type of camera? Also a lens made for those type of photos?


Answer
Great thing about Canon EOS camera are that you have great choice of lenses unlike Nikon and other brands.

I also have XSi and I have Canon and Tamron lens and they are all compatible.

Any Canon EF or EF-S lens will fit you XSi. If you have EF lens from your old Canon film camer that will fit your XSi or any EOS DSLR.

If you prefer to buy a cheaper Tamron or Sigma, make sure that they are FE or EF-S mount.

Note that EF lens are forward compatible but EF-S are not backward compatible.



Rohn




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment