Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Which Nikon DSLR camera should I buy?




Brittany


I've been wanting a Nikon, but I'm not really sure which to get. This will be my first dslr. Any suggestion on which Nikon (that costs under a couple thousand) is the best?


Answer
Best nikon for a couple of thousand (not a bloody fortune) is the D700 however it is an advanced camera and you would be better off going with a D7000. The D7000 is a camera you can grow into whereas the D3100, D5000, D40, or any of the canons mentioned you will grow out of if you plan to pursue it.

also get a good lens to go with it...

The D7000 and a 18-200mm is a good combo. If you are doing alot of low light get a 50mm 1.8 prime.

As to canon, they are worth a try but overall I find Nikon to have better products (I was a longtime canon user and hated it)

The nikon D7000 with 16-85mm?

Q. As a starter lens, is that going to not let the camera reach it's full potential?
I'm an amateur, it's my first dslr too. Doesn't mean I want a crap lens I want a legit lens.
I want an all purpose lens for now, aka walk around lens. xoxo


Answer
for D7000, your first general purpose lens should be 18-200mm VRII, this cover a pretty good range from wide angle to tele, very sharp image from that lens. a bit $$$ but really worth it if there is only one lens you want to carry, this is the one.

your second lens is 35 or 50mm f1.8 (f1.4 is you can afford it, triple the price). this is a very sharp, very fast lens, yet cheap enough (compared with other lenses) that's good for low light situtation. trust me, take a picture using this lens makes you look like a pro easy :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment