Sunday, May 11, 2014

Can my lens fit most DSLR cameras?




bttrflybab


So I used to have a film camera (minolta) and I have a really nice lens that I would like to keep for myself when upgrading to a DSLR. I know this lens fits a Sony Alpha 230, so does that mean it will fit other models? I am debating if I should just get a different camera that is nicer but I want to make sure this lens fits the new camera. So what else can this lens fit if it can function with a sony a230 (it is an auto focus). Thank you :)


Answer
It'll fit any of the Sony Alpha series DSLRs, and via an adaptor will fit the NEX series, but with the loss of AF.

Sony make some very nice cameras further up the range, tell us what kind of lens it is and we can advise if it's worth sticking with Sony for or cutting your losses.

Lens on DSLR cameras?

Q. I am new with DSLR cameras, when it specifies the zoom (eg, "18-55mm") does it mean that it can only zoom to that length? :S
Thanks so much, I understand now. I am buying the 18-55mm and 70-300mm Lenses.


Answer
The 18-55 mm lens on a DSLR is the most useful. It gives the user a lens that can take wide angle landscape shots as well as head and shoulder portrait shots.

The next lens most new users of DSLR's buy is the 55-200 mm to allow them to reach out and shoot sports, action or some wildlife.

The serious landscape shooter usually saves their pennies and buys a 10-24 mm super wide angle zoom lens to take amazing landscape and architectural shots.

Add an macro lens and there you have it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment