Thursday, May 15, 2014

Canon 7D standard lens question?




Insert Nam


I have been looking at purchasing the Canon D7 to shoot video. I know that it is best to not ever use your zoom while in the middle of recording video but I like to have the option. When I went to Best Buy to test out the camera, the lens was kind of sticky when I tried to zoom. Is this a normal problem with the standard lens that comes with the 7D?
I don't want to know if this camera is the best choice for video or not. For what I am going to be doing I already know this is the best option. A pro camcorder that is comparable will cost at least $1000.00 more. Please read the question before you answer and then only answer the question. Thanks!



Answer
i had heard more about Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens which is good one.

*70-300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4-5.6 maximum aperture for Canon EOS SLR cameras
*3-stop Image Stabilizer for reducing camera shake; ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM)
*Electro-magnetic diaphragm (EMD) helps create attractive background at large apertures
*Super Spectra lens coating and lens element shaping suppresses flare and ghosting
*Measures 3 inches in diameter and 5.6 inches long; weighs 22.2 ounces; 1-year warranty

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-70-300mm-4-5-6-Lens-Cameras/dp/B0007Y794O/?tag=pntsa-20

Canon EOS 7D Lens Recommendations?




Katie


I am planning on buying a Canon EOS 7D (with the kit lens-Canon 28-135mm IS f/3.5-5.6) within the next couple weeks, and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for some lenses. I just need some recommendations on lenses that I can use as I am getting used to the camera (good to learn with) and that I will be able to use as I progress and be used on possibly a professional basis. I will be using the camera for shooting everything, not anything specific if that helps any.

I'm only 16, but I design web sites so I have a very good income, so price isn't that big of a deal as long as it is worth it. I would still like the prices to be reasonable if that isn't too much to ask... I have been looking for a macro lens, fish eye lens, and a wide angle lens specifically, but I would like to get a wide variety of lenses.

If anyone has any recommendations for anything else that I would need to buy with this camera that would be great. I figure if I'm spending this much on a camera I would like to put it to good use.

Should I get a battery grip?

What kind of CF memory card should I get?

Bag recommendations that can keep everything safe?

I know I want to work on time lapses, so I need a recommendation for a intervolmeter. Any good ones?

Anything else I'm forgetting?

I have an idea on what I need for the last couple questions, but I would like a second opinion.

Thanks to anyone who helps!



Answer
Forget the 28-135, no usable wide angle, if you want a walkaround. Beleive it or not the 18-55 EF-S IS is actually a stonking lens if you can get one for the right cash (split from kit, nearly new on an auction site etc)

I prefer a mix of primes and fast zooms for my 7D:

Tokina 11-16 f2.8. Exemplary lens, head and shoulders above any of the other UWAs.

Canon 18-55 IS (previously had the 17-40 F4L, but was using this lens more often, so sold the 17-40, which is a good lens, but not worth the extra to my mind, having used both on a 7D)

Canon 70-200 f2.8L (non IS version. A lot of lens for the money, optically superior to all but the IS mk2) a benchmark.

Canon 50mm f1.8. Rude not to, great low light or portrait shooter.

Sigma 70mm f2.8 EX Macro. The most sensible and optically the best macro for APS-C type cameras.

Lensbaby composer. Effect lens.

CF card recommendations: Sandisk, Extreme, Just make sure your cam has firmware 1.2.5 installed. If not, install it.

I use an intervalometer I bought on ebay for £20. Works. Can't say much else about it.

For your timelapse its worth getting a lens with a mechanical iris, such as a m42 type with an EOS converter, something like a 28 or 35mm lens would be quite flexible, and as it's a prime, should be optically ok.

Timelapse on an EF or EFs lens requires the lens to be used wide open, or to stop down every exposure, and there are sometimes very minute variations on the lens stop down, even at a set aperture, causing flicker. A mechanical iris lens gets round this. M42 lenses also avoid any complications with back focus etc. Cheap too.

You'll also want an ND filter, perhaps even a variable, though you would only want to use this on moderate focul lengths. Timelapse works best if you introduce some shutter drag/motion blur, meaning a longer exposure. In daylight this will not be possible unless you have additional filtration on the lens. A variable ND, whilst not always optically the absolute best solution, is at least very flexible.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment