Sunday, May 11, 2014

Should I buy the Canon 24mm f/1.4L USM for my 7d?




Isnogood


I like my 50 mm 1.4 and search for same or even better quality on a wider angle (24 x 1.6 = 38.4). In addition i plan to buy the Canon EF 100mm, f/2.8L Macro IS USM. I plan to buy full frame Canon in a few years.
I want to use the 24 mm for both, photo and video, and image quality is extremly important to me. I want to use it for street sceens, people and general imperssions ;-)..



Answer
Yes, a 24mm lens will wider than your 50mm lens, but mounted on a 1.6x crop camera, the angle of view is not very wide anymore. The first generation of the 24mm f/1.4L lens is said to have good performance in the center, but relatively poor performance in the corner until stopped down to at least f/5.6 To be fair, most of your subjects probably wont be located in the very corner of the image, so this may not matter to you. If you have even more money to burn, consider the mark II version of the same lens.

Personally, I probably wont find a 24mm f/1.4 lens on a crop sensor camera overly useful. It's not wide enough for architecture, while still nowhere close to telephoto. When you get your full frame camera, this lens will prove a lot more useful.

If I were you, for less money, I would probably purchase the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ultra-wide lens, which will give me true wide angle, while still maintaining a relatively fast f/2.8 aperture.

What is the absolute best Canon lens for landscape photography?




Zaki I


Own a Canon 5D Mark III with a 24-105. Really looking to dive into landscape photography seeing as how when I had the 40D with the 17-55, loved it.

Given that, without budget restraints, what is the best Canon L series lens out there for landscape photography? I intend on using ND and Polarizing filters as well for some of my shots.

Thanks in advance.



Answer
On that camera
Zoom - Canon EF 16-35mm F/2.8 L
Prime - Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 L or 24mm f/1.4 L

That said, your 24-105 on the full frame 5D includes the full focal length range of your 17-55 on the crop sensor 40D which would be equivalent to a 27-88 on full frame.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment