Saturday, January 4, 2014

what is the best camera for action and distance shots?

best canon lens action shots on ORIGINAL SPARE PARTS LENS BLOCK CANON POWERSHOT A430 WITHOUT CCD
best canon lens action shots image



MOLLYxMUSH


I'm considering getting a SLR, possibly a canon? I want one that I can get good shot from a distance and take action shots(for sports, etc.) without a blur.


Answer
This is how I do it; that's as affordable as I can make it....

- Canon 500D.
- 75-300mm IS lens

In my eyes; this is as cheap and light as it is possible.
Advantage
- cheap
- light
- long reach
disadvantage
- plastic mount. not as durable
- slow lens i think it is a 6.3 at 300mm
- not protected from the elements

For sports photography, having long reach is just a small piece of a bigger puzzle.
- getting as close as you can to the player or the person. They stand on teh sideline for a reason
- fast lens (some use 300mm f/2.8 <-- very expensive)
- if you are taking picture in harsh weather conditions. Dirt bikes; snow... You need weather protection... Canon 7d + 70-200mm f/2.8

edit; the rest of it is knowing the gear you are using....
fast shutter speed to freeze the action
high iso to get the faster speed
getting the proper exposure... etc

What are the main difference between all three of the Canon Rebel cameras?




ploppingdu


I love taking pictures and my brother has the nikon D40. I've taken lots of pictures and I really would like a Canon instead of a Nikon, I know the T1i has HD video taking option, but what is the big difference between the XS and XSi? Aswell I would like the cheaper one but I want one that can take good close up's and I love taking action shots, like sports (hockey, skiing) What would you recommend? Pro's and Con's.


Answer
Real simple: Except for slight speed difference;
The XS is a base model with a 10.1MP CMOS sensor (better for low-light than Nikon D40/D40x/D60/D3000 - which all have a CCD)
The XSi adds live view ( but focus is much slower in LV mode) and 2.2MP more.
The T1i adds HD video but won't AF in video mode, so you must focus before recording & hope your subject doesn't change distance or manually focus. It also ups the resolution to 15.1MP.

The lens matters more than the camera (all three should work for you). I'd recommend getting it at a camera store as they will help if you have any problems (try getting photo help @ Walmart).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment