Monday, December 30, 2013

I have a Nikon D80 DSLR camera, what are 2 lenses I should start with?

dslr camera lens repair on Pro-DSLR-DC-Lens-Spanner-Wrench-Tool-For-Camera-Lens-Repair-Open-10 ...
dslr camera lens repair image



Cincy G


What are 2 lenses I should start out with for my camera? I would like something for everyday use and something for zooming in long distance. Under $500 would be nice.
What is difference between 70-300mm and 75-300mm?
Is a VR a must have?



Answer
Hi Cincy. Great Questions!! There is no real need to have more than one lens if you are not a professional photographer who has reasons for using a variety of focal length lenses. For people who come in our store asking the same question, I recommend them buying an 18-200mm or 28-200mm zoom lens. For one thing, it allows for relatively wide angle shots. Also, you have the advantage of being able to zoom to standard focal length (50mm), portrait lengths (85mm to 100mm), and all the way out to long telephoto (200mm).... all in one lens. The second advantage is that you only have one lens that you keep on the camera... meaning not having to switch lenses on and off, which absolutely introduces tiny particles to the sensor of the camera. Particles on the sensor = spots on your images/pictures = extra work in photoshop or a trip to the camera repair for a sensor cleaning = at least an $89.00 cleaning fee each time you have to take it in. You can literally have 100's of spots on the sensor.... I know, I just had mine cleaned. :( There is not much difference in the 70-300mm and 75-300mm focal length wise. VR is an advantage... it reduces the effects of camera shake which helps with clearer, in focus pictures. Hope that gives you something to consider.

PSS. I am adding the links to the lenses I recommended just so you can see and read about them.

Where can I get my camera lens cleaned?




Matt


I have a canon dslr and I noticed there is some dust on the inside of the lens. I bought the camera from bestbuy. Do I take the lens to bestbuy to get cleaned?


Answer
Hi Matt
Best Buy will do nothing for you or your camera. Try calling Canon's 1800 number. They will provide the name of an authorized Canon repair tech in your city. If the equipment is under warranty... you just might get a discount. Worth the try. Thanks for reading.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment