Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Which Canon lens to use for shooting an outdoor music festival?

best canon lens for concerts on canon 70 300mm f4 0 5 6 the canon 70
best canon lens for concerts image






I'm about to shoot my first concert - a major day/night outdoor music festival.

I will be using a friend's Canon EOS 20D with a 17-85mm lens, however I have been told that I might be better off using a different lens

Could you give any recommendations?

And perhaps any live concert photography tips in general?

I will have access to the photo pit, so distance from performers isn't a major issue

Many thanks



Answer
In the pit that lens will be ok for getting overall stage shots but not much good for closeup shots of the performers.
You will need a 200mm at least and it will need to be an f2.8 to get a decent speed.

a

What is considered a professional camera?




M

I am going to a concert and on the ticket is says "No professional cameras" I could be a professional photographer with a disposible camera...would that then be considred a professional camera? The camera I am bringing is a Canon Rebel XT with a Canon Zoom Telephoto lens. They will let me in with that....right?


Answer
the Xt is definitely not a "professional camera" in the technical sense, although many very good photographers use it and many pictures from the camera are published. Canon calls the xt a Pro-sumer camera, but if the concert people wanna be a pain in the a**, they could say it's a pro camera, especially if you've got one of those long white canon lenses.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment