Tuesday, December 3, 2013

What camera lens would I need to take realesate photos?

best camera lens for real estate on ... : PUSATKAMERA.COM : Kamera Digital - SLR - Digital Camera - Lenses
best camera lens for real estate image



turners_pi


I have a Canon EOS XT, I need to take real estate photos, What kind of lens would I need? or do i need one? Anyone have any tips on taking this type of photography?
Oh and how do you get your name in the lower portion of the finished photo?



Answer
Most of these ads are printed on cheap newsprint or on a website so an expensive lens isn't really needed, but a wider angle is. My advice is to take the time to shut an open garage door, hide the garbage cans, that sort of thing. I'm always amazed at how little thought most real estate photos show. For interior shots without flash, a fast lens would be good, such as a 2.8. Be sure to change the color balance to match the interior lighting to avoid unwanted color casts.

Can anyone recommend a good camera for shooting real estate photos of interior rooms? Want to stay below $500?




vicki


I am a real estate marketer and recently one agent has asked me to take photos of his new listings for him, and then I upload them to the internet and also make his brochures with the pics. I don't have a wide-angle lens on my camera, so it is impossible to get pictures of small areas, such as bathrooms. He agreed to buy me a new camera for work, and I need some suggestions for cameras under $500 that do the trick. Thanks!


Answer
Sorry! But what you're asking is out of the range of a $500 camera. At least if you want good, focused shots! (see link #1)

I'm a builder, and I sometimes don't get the shot I want with a lens that's more than you budget!

I have a Canon 5D ll, a EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM, a EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye and a TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II.

You might try using software to get what you want!

The last link is a 12 by 14 foot room, taken with the 16-35


Edit: The good folks here that are suggesting the G10's and other fine point and shoots, that have the 35mm equivalent of a 28mm lens, have never aimed them into a 10' by 12' room, through a door! Let alone a typical 5' x 7 foot bathroom.

I do it all the time, give me a shout if you want more real advice.

My company does mostly, high end millwork and cabinetry, and I darn sure want to take the best possible pictures of it! Just did some work for Sotheby's International Realty, you might have heard of them.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment