Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Is the Nikon d7000 with the 18 105mm lens any good for shooting music videos?

best camera lens for nikon d7000 on Nikon D90 officially discontinued by Nikon Japan
best camera lens for nikon d7000 image



K. Addison


As far as the Nikon vs Cannon debate w/ DSLR cameras under $1000, I've found favor in the Nikon videos that I have seen so far. I plan to shoot some music videos. I'm going to buy Vegas Pro 12 for video editing. Can anybody vouch for the Nikon d7000 with an 18 105mm lens for music videos? And is learning proficiency in Vegas Pro 12 very hard?


Answer
Well, sure, I guess.

But I have a question.

If your goal is to shoot video, why don't you use a video camera?

What you need to know before you spend a dime

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/camcorders/cam-cam.shtml

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/techniques/3_years_later_dslr_video_one_mans_perspective.shtml

What Would Be A Decently Priced Lens For Nikon D7000 To Take Action Photographs?




Katie


Can someone give me some advice on lenses for the Nikon D7000 to capture a sharp subject in motion whilst the background is blurry. Looking for something reasonably priced (Entry Level) but please also list the more expensive kind. Thank you for the help. (:
Thank you both for the information.

Picture Taker.... I am sure it is more about technique than anything. That is something I definitely have to work on with more practice. I looked at the picture on Flickr and yes, this is what I am talking about. I looked at the settings for his photo, the one thing I can't find is what mode he was in for shooting. Manual, Shutter, Aperture, or Programmed automatic. Maybe I am just skipping over it? Does it matter which mode it is shot in, I'm guessing it does?

This will probably be a stupid question ( I am a fairly new to this and I learn better by someone explaining and myself playing around with the camera) but as you are following the subject should your focus setting be on automatic? Not knowing a lot about taking pictures of a subject in motion I would guess that the focus mode should be on automatic.

I have just recently been getting into trying to do action shots of a subject in motion, mainly my dog when playing fetch and swimm



Answer
It's more about hte technique than the lens you use. There are two kinds of background blur. I suspect that you mean like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/samfeinstein/7966097424/ If so, look at the settings shown to the right of the photo. These are typical for a "pan" shot of a subject in motion. You have to learn how to follow the subject with your camera, matching speed as you take the picture(s). I have found that around 1/60 is a workable speed that gives decent background blur. Change your aperture and ISO to allow that speed.

The other way to capture the subject sharp with the background blurry is to use a high shutter speed and a large aperture (small number). Flickr is hanging up right now, so I can't show you an example, but you get the idea. I think you want to show motion as described above anyway.

You can do this with the lens you own, I am sure.

You didn't mention what your subject is or what yours shooting distance is, so I can't recommend a lens anyway. Your basic kit lens will work well, especially if you got the 18-135. If you want more reach, buy the 55-300 (for cheap) or 55-200 (for cheaper). The 18-200 is a very nice general purpose lens for the D7000 and it costs under $1,000.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment