Monday, September 30, 2013

Is the Vibration reduction of 18-55mm lens in a Nikon D60 a relevant one?

dslr camera lens mm on ... DSLR-A380Y 14.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm & 55-200mm Zoom Lens
dslr camera lens mm image



gelahascue


I am planning to buy my first DSLR camera. but im choosing between a Nikon D40 or Nikon D60. But one thing bothers me is that the lens included in the d60 has a vibration reduction which i think is very useful but in a d40 included lens there is none. I know lots of photographers would want a d40 and save money to buy nice lenses. So help! Thank you so much!


Answer
In a very short time you can learn how to hold your camera to reduce camera movement when shooting. The technique is very similar to shooting a firearm ... good bracing of the camera, breath control and squeezing the shutter release.

Until you get into focal lengths of over 100 mm, you really do not need VR or IS, unless you are a photojournalist and want to avoid using flash as much as possible, but then you would be using a Nikon D3 and a 24-70 mm f/2.8 lens.

If you buy the D40, you will be able to have a 18-55 mm ED lens AND a 55-200 mm VR lens for under $550. Look on Amazon for the camera lens combination you want.

Best camera for a beginning photography class?




Ken


I will be taking a class in the fall on photography at my community college and it requires a camera. I want to know if there are any good camera out right now that would be a good camera for me. The reason I'm not waiting until fall to just buy one is because I want to become familiar with the camera first so my first days of the class aren't me just awkwardly playing with the camera. I'm not looking for any DSLR camera that'll cost me $1000 and over. I'm mainly looking for a camera that can take stunning photos with a lot of features for me to toy with.

I used to want the Nikon J1 or the Sony NEX, but I'm not fully aware of what they're packing.



Answer
Maybe you need to know if you need a 35 mm SLR or a digital SLR.

It would be a shame to buy the wrong one.

The Nikon D3200 has all the attributes you need for taking class in photography if it is a class in digital photography.

If you need a 35 mm, then if you buy a nice used Nikon 35 mm SLR with lens (under $100 on craigslist), you will then be able to move to a Nikon dSLR seamlessly




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment