Monday, September 30, 2013

Best general purpose lens for the Canon 350D and Canon 400D?

best lens canon 350d on 45X Wide Angle Lens 58mm with Macro for Canon EOS 650D 50D 40D 400D ...
best lens canon 350d image



abhijit b


I am planning to pickup the Canon 350D or Canon 400D. What is the best general purpose lens ? Is the EF-S 18-55mm kit lens fine? or is it better to go with say the Tamron 18-200mm Di-II?


Answer
I don't think that there is an easy answer here without knowing some more about what your interests are. The standard lens covers a useful range of wide-angle to normal and the shorter telephoto range, so it will always be a useful lens. It is likely to be less bulky than the 18-200mm, but you need to make the assessment yourself whether it will be too awkward for some circumstances.

That said, I use a Tamron 28-200mm on a film body when I want a one lens solution to cover a broad range of work when I am travelling. When I a home based, I tend to use a smaller lens, say a 35-70mm or 35-105mm on the camera, with a longer zoom (50-150mm or 70-210mm) in my camera bag.

So, if I were in a similar situation, and only going to get one lens, I would have a preference for the 18-200mm over the kit lens.

which lens would be best for my canon 350d?




TWA


I'm looking for a good wide angle lens to use with my canon 350d. I've got a sigma 18-125 which is a fine all rounder but I'm after something a little sharper for close portraits. Something that lets a lot of light in, & pin sharp. Any advice would be much appreciated.


Answer
Do you want a portrait lens or a wide angle lens?

The two are different.

A 50mm or 60mm lens is the perfect focal lenght for portraiture on your camera thanks to the APS-C crop.

You also want a wide aperture to blur the background.

Canon make such a lens, and its also their least expensive lens.

Some call it the nifty fifty.

Its the Canon EF 50mm f1.8. A great portrait lens, especially given the cost.

But it is not a wide angle lens.

If you want a wider lens closer to the standard field of view the Canon EF 28mm f2.8 or Canon EF 35mm f2. Because of the APS-C crop these lenses become more telephoto in perspective, combined with a close focus distance makes them quite nice for portraiture.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment