Thursday, August 1, 2013

What's the best interchangeable lens camera for my budget?

best camera lens landscape photography on 500px / Sunset Waves Kiss The Rocks by Stewart Baird
best camera lens landscape photography image



Alex


I want to buy an interchangeable lens camera: Mirrorless or DSLR. I have a budget of $350 or a little more. (I don't feel like paying 400+ dollars for a camera (body only). I've been looking at the Panasonic G3. I can get it body only on Amazon for $290 - the perfect price for me right now. But there doesn't seem to be too many lenses available for this camera. I would like to get a Canon or Nikon, but they seem to be too expensive. I'm not too picky, I just want to do some landscape photography.

I just don't know. Should I save up some more or buy one with the $350 I have?



Answer
Hi Alex - you may have to spend a little more to get started with a good quality interchangeable lens camera - but not much more.

The G3 deal for $290 is a good one (as of the time of this post, it just got better at 250!).
Have you thought about a used lens? You can get the G3's kit lens, the Panasonic 14-42 for $99 from eBay and stay within your $350 budget. The G3 can produce images like these: http://www.flickr.com/groups/panasonicg3/pool/

If you're able to spend $50 more, here is a Sony A35 deal with the 18-55 kit lens included at Sears online for $399.99 (free shipping). The Sony has a larger sensor than the G3, focuses very quickly, is a great camera for the price, and can produce images like these: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1838147@N21/pool/

If you want a reflex mirror DSLR for under $400 with the lens included, you may want to look at a new Canon T3 for $399 from Amazon. This is a basic, entry level DSLR, but, as a leading DSLR brand, Canon gives you entre to a wide range of lenses and accessories.

Hope this is helpful and best of the holidays to you and yours,

Bill

What kind of lens can I buy with the Canon EOS T1i?




bird.


I have almost $900 to buy a camera from Amazon. I have to get film developed, too, but I was wondering. What is a good lens to get for a T1i? I like macro images, especially in conceptual photography. But I also like landscape photography. What lens would be a good bet? Thanks.


Answer
The T1i with standard 18-55 mm lens costs about $700. The 55-250 mm lens will just nudge your budget a little but worth the extra




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment