Monday, July 29, 2013

What should I keep in my dslr camera bag?

dslr camera and lens bag on Nikon D3200 Digital SLR Camera & 18-55mm VR DX AF-S Zoom Lens (Black ...
dslr camera and lens bag image



maui_babe2


So far I have my manual, camera body, lens, charger, battery and usb cord. Is there any other things I need in my camera bag that I should know about? Please help me. :)


Answer
Leave your charger at home unless you are travelling and staying away overnight. No point carrying the extra weight and risking losing it!

I have 2 camera bags. A large one that will hold all my kit (except the tripod!) and a smaller one that can hold a few filters, cards, batteries plus the body with small lens plus 2 more lenses or 1 lens and my flash. I hate carrying a lot of weight around so before setting out I decide what I will need and load that into the most suitable bag.
I always carry:
The camera body (!), 2 fully charged spare batteries, lens pen, 2x 8GB SDHC cards (in addition to the one in the camera). I then add lenses, filters, flash, tripod, as necessary.

In the trunk of my car I have a small very basic laptop with an SD card slot to view photos before I set off back home - gives a better idea than the camera's screen whether I need to retake any shots - though that is not always possible! Also allows me to make a backup of the photos at the earliest opportunity.

Sometimes I travel light with just camera body and a single lens but I still have an extra SD card and a spare fully charged battery in my pocket.

Would a medium to small sized camera bag be considered a carry on for airlines?




Folli


The bag would carry a dslr, 2 lens, speedlite, and power supply. How many carry on's are allowed?

More specifically this bag:

http://www.prophotographygear.com/matin-maple110-dslr-camera-shoulder-bag-case-m9752-p-101.html

roughly 9.25 x 4.9 x 7.4 inches

Thanks!



Answer
Generally, you're allowed one carry on and one personal item. It can depend on the airline and the class of service - check the website of the airline you fly with for there policy. That could count as your personal item. You could also put it in a larger carry on within the airlines rules for a carry on and still have a separate personal item such as a purse or laptop.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment