Saturday, August 24, 2013

I have a canon rebel Xsi and I want to upgrade my camera.?

best canon 7d lens for portraits on Ten Things You Should Know about Auto Focus � Canon EOS 7D AF points
best canon 7d lens for portraits image



Melanie R


I have a EF 23=70mm f/2.8L lens. I am not a professional I just enjoy taking pictures. I want to take portrait pictures of my grand kids and outdoor flowers and birds and such. I have looked at canon 7D and 5D mark II. What is the best camera for my needs. I want my pictures to look good.


Answer
Probably not what you want to hear, but....IMO, photography is roughly 70% photographer skill/experience, 20% lens quality, and 10% camera body.

The XSi is a decent camera and you have a nice lens on it. What is it that you are not happy with on the photos? Could you post some samples on Flickr or someplace? That way the people here might be able to offer some good advice to help.

Have you taken any photography classes? How long have you been using this camera? On auto or manual?

Which is a better outdoor 3 pm to sunset canon portrait lens?




andy y


Here is my current gear, Canon 7d, 24-105L, 580ex II, 2 flex 5ttl, 24x24 softbox/stand. I am looking for a portrait lens. Should I go with the 70-200mm 2.8 II , 85mm 1.2, 85mm 1.8, 50mm 1.4, 50mm 1.2 ?

Thanks



Answer
50mm 1.2 stopped down to 1.8 it gives minimal optical distortion at this focal length and has ud elements to reduce aberrations. Also use slow shutter speed like 1/40




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment