Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Can I use A COTTON SWAB to clean my camera lens?

best camera lens wipes on Lens Cleaning Pen for Camera Lenses Filters | eBay
best camera lens wipes image



chasvanblo


I have just bought a Fujifilm Digital camera. - The lens is already dirty!
Can I use a small cotton tip to wipe this finger-grease from it's surface with a dab of Windex or should I use a less invasive method to clean this focusing lens?



Answer
NO NO NO!

Invest a few dollars in a microfiber lens cloth. You may find this hard to believe but that cotton swab can actually scratch your lens and leave tiny bits of lint and Windex could damage the coating.

If your lens accepts filters then buy a Haze/UV filter for it. Its always better to clean a $20.00 filter after its suffered the indignity of a fingerprint or dog's nose or tongue or just general air pollution if you shoot a lot in the city.

I have lenses that are well over 30 years old and still have perfect front elements because they've been protected by a Haze/UV filter.

Why have lens wipes doubled in price?




FitnessPro


I used to be able to by a box of 100 lens wipes (for eye glasses, cameras, etc.) for about $3. Now, all of a sudden, they are charging $4-$5 for just 50!!!! Everywhere I look the price of pre-moistened lens wipes has doubled overnight. Does anyone know the reason for this or where I can get cheap lens wipes?


Answer
Buy a microfiber cloth. They aren't very expensive and can be used for a long time. If it gets dirty in the future, wash it with mild dish washing liquid. Don't use a fabric softener.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment