Saturday, August 24, 2013

Can I take my camera bag, a purse and a carryon piece of luggage on the plane with me?

best camera lens bag on ... Case, Reader, NB-6L Battery And More - Best Seller Camera and Photo
best camera lens bag image



van


I don't want to check my camera bag.


Answer
Yes, you can. In fact I traveled from Phoenix to San Francisco a couple of weeks ago to a Canon camera conferece. In my camera bag I was carrying a Canon 5d mkii, a Canon 180mm Macro lens, and a Canon 24-70mm 2.8 lens. A grand total of around $6000 in equipment. Never once did security give me any trouble in either direction to or from SF. In SF they had signs posted saying that the x-rays are safe for digital cameras, and the only issue occording to the signs is that x-rays may degrade high ISO film. If I remember right ISO film of greater than 400 may cause problems.

What is the biggest hiking bag that i can take onto an airplane?




sagara


mostly used for 1 night hikes with a huge camera (4x5 camera + lens + accessories = 6 kg)

im hoping to modify a hiking bag so that i can carry essentials too, other than my camera.

The bag should have some kind of hiking pole strap bigenough for my tripod if need bee (about the size of 3 hiking poles)

sleepingbag + tent + food + water



Answer
If you mean as checked luggage then none of that will be a problem.

If you mean as carry-on, the largest bag you can take would be about the size of a small backpack.

Not all airlines have the same baggage policies, but this is typical:

http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/baggage/index.jsp




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment