Thursday, July 25, 2013

Does IS still function when using a teleconverter?

best lens canon 20d on ... D50 review with 18-55mm f3.5~5.6 DX lens Gordon Laing, December
best lens canon 20d image



Alejandro


I am thinking about buying a Canon 2x II Extender EF - Autofocus to use with my Canon 20D and my 70-200mm IS f/2.8 lens. I understand that if I use the teleconverter with this lens that I will be limited to only using the center focus point of the camera, but the real trick is whether or not the IS function will still work or not. Any thoughts? Also, if you have used this product before, what are thoughts on it? Thanks.


Answer
Yes, IS will still work.

I've NEVER heard of someone being satisfied with the image quality from the 2x converter, ESPECIALLY on a zoom, and even more so on a zoom that's not exactly noted for being RAZOR sharp at 200mm (I've used 4 of them now... great lens, but wide open at the long end you're not gonna cut yourself on the pics). I've never been remotely satisfied with the 70-200mm on a 1.4, let alone a 2x.

I know many photographers who feel the IQ is better with stacked 1.4x converters, oddly enough.

I'd suggest that you're not going to be very happy with this setup. If you really need 400, then consider the 400 5.6 (really great IQ) or the 100-400IS (more versatile).

What camera should I buy for photography class?




Mina


OK, I am totally new to this, right now I have a Vivitar 3710, which is totally crap, it takes horrible pics. OK, what I need is someone to help me. I will spend the money for a good camera that will last a lifetime, lol. I want a professional camera, with one of those huge lens things, ( that might be an attachment, bought separately).

Here are some of the camera that are recommened by the school:
Canon 30D, Canon 20D, Canon 10D, Canon Rebel XTi,
Nikon D200, Nikon D80, Nikon D70, Nikon D50,
Pentax K100D

Ok but IDK which one is the best?

Do you have any other suggestions, besides theses?

The school said I need something like MV, and shutter and other advance stuff.

My yahoo sn is Desaraiye, Im me if you can help. I am on now!

Help!



Answer
Unless you are 100% sure that this is something you want to pursue, I'd really advise against spending the big $$$ on a digital SLR right now.

If you must have an SLR camera, do as another poster suggested and get an inexpensive film SLR body. Choose the brand that you'll ultimately go digital with--you can use the same lenses on the dSLR.

If you have to go digital, look for an inexpensive point and shoot digital camera with manual controls (Aperture priority, Shutter Priority, full manual, control of ISO), preferably with a hotshoe for an external flash. This is the route that I went--my first camera was a Canon G2. This allowed me to get a basic understanding of photography and put me in a better position to know what I wanted out of a digital SLR.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment