Saturday, May 24, 2014

What lens should i buy for a canon 30D used for weddings?




Vlad


I can spend up to 650$ on the lens.The body is 30D and the flash 430 ex.I await your reply.


Answer
This is a very difficult question to answer. First you need to determine if you would like a zoom or a few prime lenses.

If you have the kit zoom, you may want some primes for portrait work. For portraits and tighter shots the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM or EF 85mm f/1.8 USM are pretty fantastic. If you need something a bit wider, the dinky EF 35mm f/2.0 is pretty nice, but still cheap. If you look around, you can probably buy the 35mm and one of the others for close to your budgeted amount. Of course, buying used is cheaper.

The $85 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II is an excellent bargain, but the out-of-focus areas (bokeh) and the build quality might not be as nice. This was my favorite lens for a while, unexpectedly sharp.

If you absolutely need a zoom for convenience, then something with a constant wide aperture (2.8) would be ideal. Canon's excellent EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM is way over budget, but the alternative Tamron and Sigma are worth a look (and can often be found for under 650). Out of those two, I would lean toward the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II. You can see some sample images here:

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Sample-Pictures.aspx?Equipment=400&desc=Tamron-17-50mm-f/2.8-XR-Di-II-Lens-Sample-Pictures

The EF-S 18-200mm IS (which I often use with my 40D when I travel) is a very convenient lens, but the smaller aperture may make it difficult to use for indoor photography. IS (Image Stabilization) helps in some situations, but won't do any good for people and portraiture as your subjects are going to be moving around.

I hope this helps limit your options and makes your eventual choice easier. Good luck!

Best uses & pros & cons for Canon EFS 18-135mm lens?




.me.


Is this lens not really meant for indoor photography at night? The zoom is great, but I was at a dinner party last night taking pictures and found that my Canon prime lens 85mm f1.8 took way better shots than this one. Every shot I took (without the flash) with my zoom lens was very blurry.

What are some great uses for this lens? pros and cons, etc.
As well as the prime 85mm



Answer
I keep a 28mm-135mm on my camera most of the time because it is a good walk around lens. I use it at events such as weddings, etc as well. I would find the 85mm prime too long for event work and would prefer my 50MM 1.8 if I were looking for a faster lens in that type of situation. My solution is to use flash indirectly. A Gary Fong Lightsphere allows me to soften the flash and balance it with the ambient light in the room.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment