Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sigma 35mm lens/flash compatibility with DSLR cameras?




meece88


I should have asked this in the correct format the first time. I am getting conflicting stories in regards to the compatibility of older SIGMA 35 mm camera lenses and flashes with the newer DSLR cameras. Does anyone know of any newer DSLR cameras that ARE compatible with 35mm SIGMA lenses/flashes that are NOT SIGMA cameras? I.E. Canon or Sony/Minolta, etc. I don't want to sell my lenses if I can use them but am having troubles finding out WHAT camera to buy that is compatible with them if any. If it is helpful, these are the following lensesand flash I do have:

SIGMA EF 430 Flash
SIGMA Aspherical IF 28-105mm
SIGMA Aspherical 28-80 mm
SIGMA High Speed Pro Spec Zoom AF 28-70mm



Answer
It depends.

All dSLR's but Sony use an ISO standard hot shoe
Only Sigma dSLR's are compatible with Sigma lenses designed to fit Sigma cameras
Canon dSLR's hot shoes can only tolerate 6v or less trigger voltages without damage to the cameras electronics.

As you can see, there are some issues.

If you don't mind buying the Sigma dSLR, then all is well.

If you want to start a dSLR system, you will have to start over buying new lenses that fit Nikon, Canon, Pentax or Sony systems.

If that is what you decide to do, take your time before you buy a new system.

You will either be married to it for the next few decades or find yourself in the same boat, buying all new lenses and cameras if you decide to switch systems.

How do I clean my DSLR camera lens?




Mindy


Do I need to buy anything to properly clean it? Is there a certain kind of cloth? When I do clean it, should I wipe the lens by doing circles or?

Thanks



Answer
I disagree only slightly with "screwdriver". I do not think the first thing to do is brush the lens. The first thing to do is BLOW the lens with a proper blower. Get the lens as clean as you can without ever touching it. Then after blowing away all loose grit, then gently brush it with a proper lens brush. In most cases, that is all you will ever have to do. If some substance does get on the lens, yes, the Eclipse fluid and Pec Pads are great, but there are less expensive alternatives.

Here is a cleaning kit that would be the best $11 you ever spent for you lenses:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/343088-REG/Giottos_CL1001_Lens_Cleaning_Kit_with.html

steve




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment