Sunday, May 18, 2014

Canon t3i lens?????????




Damien


I purchased this camera yesterday and it came with a 18-55mm lens. It cost me 750 dollars. I am thinking of returning it and exchanging it for a canon t3i but the lens will be 55-250 mm for 950 dollars. What's the best deal? I am a amateur @ this. This is my first dslr. What is the difference in the lens? What makes a lens better then others? TY


Answer
Don't waste your time, the shop's time and your money.
Just buy the Canon EF-S 55-250 f/4-5.6 IS that you will find for under $200

eg
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-55-250mm-4-5-6-Stabilizer-Telephoto/dp/B000V9D5LG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1343117404&sr=8-2&keywords=canon+55-250

That way you have a T3i with both lenses for $920.
BTW the 55-250 is a great lens but is way too long for many purposes. I have this lens and it is used for maybe 10-15% of my shots.

Canon rebel telephoto lens?




Douglas


I've got a Canon Rebel T3i and i'm wondering what is a good telephoto lens for a hobbyist. I take a lot of nature and landscape photography and can never seem to get close enough with a good quality. I'm looking for something between $100-$400 range. I know it's not a lot considering the prices of some of these lenses! Any help would be great!

P.S. has anyone had good luck with ordering lenses off sites like amazon or ebay?

Thanks!



Answer
In your price range:
Canon EF-S 55-250 IS f/4-5.6. Great image quality but focus can be a little slow in low contrast.

Canon EF 70-300 IS f/4-5.6 USM. - a little longer than the above but in real life barely noticeable. More robust construction - but more expensive.

Lens to avoid is the Canon EF 75-300 f/4-5.6 is easily confused with the 70-300. This lens is a shame on Canon - I really don't understand why they still sell it!

Amazon is about as risk free as you can get and I buy from them regularly.
Ebay is a little more risky. Select your supplier carefully to avoid getting stung. I have bought some very good used equipment from private sellers on Ebay.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment