Friday, May 30, 2014

Is my 18-135mm lens good enough for Real estate photography?




13 Points


I have a Nikon D80 with the kit lens (18-135mm). is using the lens at the lower side good enough for real estate photography? I have read that 10-24 is the perfect lens and my lens comes in under the higher side of that lens. Just wondering if I have to go out and spend the 500 on the 10-24mm tamron ive been looking at :(


Answer
All the work I do for Realtors is done with the Nikon 12-24 mm f/4 lens, both interior and exterior. As long as your cameras back is parallel to the building walls, you will get NO distortion.

Here is what you do. If you are shooting inside a home with eight foot ceilings, place your camera on a tripod at four feet.. Level the camera so that the film plane is parallel to the walls.

If the ceiling is ten feet, mount the camera at five feet, etc.

18 mm is just not wide enough.

This is a professional photo shoot. Don't go cheap with a generic lens. In business, always buy the best tools.

which lens will i need for real estate photography?




Mariana T


I am doing pics of my house, we are putting it on the market.
I rented 24-70 mm and did the pics, but the bedrooms upstairs are very small and lens did not give me the right angle, I was not able even to get half of the room in the picture?
So I need a lens to capture a good angle of the room? which lens would do the best job?



Answer
I think the ideal real estate lens is a 24mm tilt-shift on a full frame camera, or a 17mm TS for a cropped frame camera.

Although Lightroom and Photoshop will allow you to do architectural corrections, it is a lot easier if you can do them with a tilt-shift lens in camera.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment